Friday, April 29, 2016

A to Z Challenge Y is for Yenning/Yearning



It's time for another A to Z Challenge! This year, I want to tell you about a story that is currently a WIP (work in progress). It's the story I'm writing in honor of my baby lovebird, Robert. It's a fantasy story, but it's really a story about emotional healing. So let's examine it by going through the alphabet!

Y is for yenning or yearning. They mean the same thing, and they both start with y, so pick whichever one you prefer.

The truth of the matter is, I began writing Robert's story immediately after he died because I was yearning to still have him in my life. I needed some way to stay connected to him. I was yenning to be with him in any capacity I could find, and writing was the best media for that bond to remain.

Everyone mourns differently. My mourning is that I search for ways to hold onto things that connect me to that person in someway. Via tattoos, possessions, whatever I can. Losing Robert was no different. I just yearned to have things to remind me of him, to maintain my bond with him. I wrote out of that yearning, and I continue to do so.



Please don't miss the final post tomorrow! We've finally hit the letter z! You don't want to miss it!

No comments: