Monday, April 11, 2016

A to Z Challenge - I is for Imagination



It's time for another A to Z Challenge! This year, I want to tell you about a story that is currently a WIP (work in progress). It's the story I'm writing in honor of my baby lovebird, Robert. It's a fantasy story, but it's really a story about emotional healing. So let's examine it by going through the alphabet!

Today is brought to you by the letter i, which is for imagination.

This is the first time I have ever attempted any kind of fantasy story. This book pushed my imagination in ways I never knew existed.

People couldn't just be people. Leopards couldn't just be yellow with black spots. They needed to be blue and purple. Locreya had to be a land greater than anyone's imagination.

As someone whose writing is much more grounded in the grit and concrete of real life, this story has challenged me. It has also opened my imagination. My creativity is at a new height. As I write it, I struggle less for the obscure, the unusual, and the unique. The Good Pirate, Robert requires a lot of imagination, but it has also given me my imagination back.



I can't wait to see what j brings us tomorrow. I hope you'll join me!

No comments: