Wednesday, April 13, 2016

A to Z Challenge - K is for Kooky



It's time for another A to Z Challenge! This year, I want to tell you about a story that is currently a WIP (work in progress). It's the story I'm writing in honor of my baby lovebird, Robert. It's a fantasy story, but it's really a story about emotional healing. So let's examine it by going through the alphabet!

K, today's letter, is for kooky.

You can't have a story about a pirate bird and not have it be kooky.

The story is kooky. The characters are kooky. The setting is kooky. For as much as there is a lesson in this book, it is also meant to entertain. I have done my best to come up with characters who have interesting quirks or interests. I have made the setting something so unusual, kooky is really the best description possible. I made the plot fun, and silly, while also being positive, and healing.

Kooky is fun. Kooky characters are fun. Kooky environments are fun. Kooky story lines are fun. Kooky books are awesome!



Tomorrow, we venture into the world of the letter l. Don't miss it!

1 comment:

Marna R. said...

You had me hooked at 'pirate bird'. :D
I love kooky stories - sometimes I don't need rhyme and reason, I just want crazy, loud and funny. I'm also not someone who could probably describe my WIPs in one word!

Thanks for sharing, Lauren! Be back for future worlds/posts/letters later.