Friday, April 22, 2016

A to Z Challenge S is for Sadness



It's time for another A to Z Challenge! This year, I want to tell you about a story that is currently a WIP (work in progress). It's the story I'm writing in honor of my baby lovebird, Robert. It's a fantasy story, but it's really a story about emotional healing. So let's examine it by going through the alphabet!

Today we're going to take a deeper look at s, which is for sadness.

No one likes to talk about sadness. Many people are awkward and uncomfortable around people who are sad. So, why on Earth would I dedicate a blog post to sadness?

Because none of this would be here if not for Robert's passing.

We have to be honest about things, and this is my truth. This story originated from a place of deep grief. I wanted something to hold onto that was Robert, or would at least remind me of him. I couldn't let go. I needed to have him in my life in some capacity. So that capacity became this fictitious story.

Just as dreary, rainy days provide the necessary water for flowers to blossom, so did my tears water the seeds that made this story bloom.

Much beauty can arise from sadness.


Come back tomorrow for this week's final letter, t.

No comments: