Thursday, April 14, 2016

A to Z Challenge - L is for Love



It's time for another A to Z Challenge! This year, I want to tell you about a story that is currently a WIP (work in progress). It's the story I'm writing in honor of my baby lovebird, Robert. It's a fantasy story, but it's really a story about emotional healing. So let's examine it by going through the alphabet!

L is for Love, our word of the day.

Love doesn't just mean romance. You can have a love story without being a romance novel.

I am writing this story out of my love for Robert.

Robert loves Emmalee, and Emmalee loves Robert.

Robert loves all of his crew mates, and even the other captives of Tyler, the bad guy.

Robert even loves Tyler in a way (the only way to understand this will be to read it. So stay tuned. I'll let you know when it hits the presses. ;)  ).

Love is a wonderful emotional and connection that we share with family and friends. That kind of love is translated throughout the story of The Good Pirate, Robert.


Check back tomorrow for the letter m!

1 comment:

Shonna Slayton said...

I have friends who hand-raised lovebirds from tiny things. They had to feed them every few hours using eyedroppers. Beautiful birds...I want to say the bird's names were Peaches and Cream :)

@ShonnaSlayton from
Author Shonna Slayton: A to Z of the 1800s