Wednesday, April 27, 2016

A to Z Challenge - W is for Work in progress



It's time for another A to Z Challenge! This year, I want to tell you about a story that is currently a WIP (work in progress). It's the story I'm writing in honor of my baby lovebird, Robert. It's a fantasy story, but it's really a story about emotional healing. So let's examine it by going through the alphabet!

W is for Work in progress (WIP).

The tale of The Good Pirate, Robert is still very much a WIP. Challenging me creatively and emotionally, this is a story that I am taking my time working on. This is the kind of story that is worth my time, and worth the wait for you. You wouldn't want a sped-up, quickly-done-in-the-interest-of-nobody book. This is a story of emotional healing. This is a story that requires my time and attention. This is a book that will demonstrate my efforts, and from which you will gain much. So yes, it's a WIP. It will be a WIP for a while. How long, I don't know. However long it needs to be. This is not a literary version of fast food. This is is a literary version of a finely marinated steak that has been well-crafted, and is worth the wait. WIP is not a bad word or term, it promises to give you the best story I can create.


Come back tomorrow to see what x has to bring!

1 comment:

Mason Canyon said...

A work in progress shouldn't be rushed.

Mason
Alex's Ninja Minion