Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A to Z '14 - Youth

For this year's A to Z Challenge, I am honoring my grandfather who passed away on April 3, 2013.


Y is for Youth.


You're probably asking what a 93 year old man could have ever taught me about youth.


He taught me a lot, actually.


He taught me that youth is not something you lose with age.



He still loved the same movies and same slapstick comedy that he adored as a child.



His sense of humor and ability to laugh were one of they keys to his longevity.



He remained as active as he could. Age gave him a back surgery and two bad knees, but he continued to drive (fairly well, all thing considered), go to church and keep himself relatively busy. He didn't let his age keep him down or use it as an excuse to NOT do things.


My grandfather lived life as fully as he could at every age.


Even at 93 laying in the hospital bed, I could see the little boy behind his blue eyes.


Youth is not restricted to age. It is only restricted if you allow it to be.

Y is for Youth.

No comments: