Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A to Z '14 - Niche

For this year's A to Z Challenge, I am honoring my grandfather who passed away on April 3, 2013.


N is nor Niche.

What is a niche? Is a place or position. We often talk about finding our niche in the world. It means finding the outlet that best supports our talents and passions.



How did my grandfather teach me about niches?


He showed me that despite my struggles, there was a place for me. In the world of writing, there is a place specifically designated for me: for my voice and style. There are countless writers out there. That doesn't make one of us more legitimate than another. We all have our writing niches, which makes all of us legitimate.



I think it's important for all of us to remember that we all have a niche - a place in this world. Just because there may be 50 other people who can do what you do doesn't mean you don't have your own specific talents. You have gifts that are unique to you. Those gifts are your niche. Use them, appreciate them.


Don't be competitive. That's ego talking. Instead, be supportive and be uniquely yourself. That's finding your niche.


Niches aren't just for a select few. They are for all of us. You have one. Find it and revel in it!


N is for Niche.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I really think your theme is a wonderful idea. What a beautiful tribute to your grandfather!

Finding your niche is not always easy to do. However, that doesn't mean you shouldn't keep trying!

Liz at Bead Contagion

Machelle said...

My niche is my experiences. Thus no one else has my specific niche!