Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A to Z '14 - Appreciation

Happy April 1st, gang!

Once again, I am doing the A to Z challenge. This year I am honoring my grandfather who passed away on April 3, 2013.


So let's get going.

A is for Appreciation.

Appreciation takes on a few forms here.

My grandfather had a great appreciation for the arts. He sang. He actually performed in many vaudeville competitions. We are all proud to say, "he never got the hook!" Have you ever seen the movies or cartoons where a big hook came out and pulled the bad performer off the stage? That's actually rooted in truth! The performers whose acts were...weak...would get pulled off stage. Thankfully, my grandfather never got the hook! :)



His love and appreciation of the arts still runs deeply in our family. My mother sings and plays the organ. My brother is an actor (who can also sing and dance well, he just doesn't admit it! LOL). I sing, I used to dance, and I write. My grandfather appreciated all of our various talents.


But I also have appreciation. I appreciate who he was and what he did. I appreciate his singing and love of the arts. I appreciate all of the support he ever gave me. I appreciate him and the life he gave us.


Appreciation in life is incredibly important. It gives us the ability to broaden our horizons, and it gives us gratitude for our own talents and those of the people around us.


A is for appreciation.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Appreciation is so important! I didn't know that about people getting hooked and taken off stage. That sounds crazy! I'm visiting from the A-Z Challenge!

Stephanie Faris said...

Awww. He sounds like an amazing man. So sorry for your loss.

Unknown said...

I love your theme, Lauren, and I'm sure your grandfather "appreciates" this touching tribute to his memory.

WriterlySam
A to Z #TeamDamyanti

RAH said...

what a lovely theme.