Friday, April 11, 2014

A to Z '14 - Joviality

For this year's A to Z Challenge, I am honoring my grandfather who passed away on April 3, 2013.


J is for Joviality.

My grandfather loved a good laugh. He absolutely loved slapstick comedy.



In his eulogy I wrote, "I really only remember him as jovial. His bright voice greeting me with his special, “Hello, Lauren!” I can so vividly picture his bright blue eyes, his contagious smile and hear his laugh."


He laughed to laugh and to make others laugh. He wouldn't pull mean pranks, per se. Rather, he had quick, dry wit that could always entertain you.


That's really one of things I admire most in him. He was always happy, always laughing, always positive. I aspire to be like that.



His joviality was absolutely contagious. Thinking of his smile and his laugh is making me smile as I write this!

A good sense of humor will get you through anything and everything in life. If there is one lesson I could give you from my grandfather, it would be to be a happy, jovial person. Joviality blesses you and the people around you. Just like he blessed us.

J is for Joviality.

No comments: