Monday, April 28, 2014

A to Z '14 - Xenial

For this year's A to Z Challenge, I am honoring my grandfather who passed away on April 3, 2013.


X is for Xenial.


To be xenial is to be hospitable and caring - especially to strangers. They are considered helpful and useful.


My grandfather was considerably xenial.


He was happy to help people - and animals - in need.



He would hold doors to others, help by donation or by reaching his hand out to help you out. He was raised to be a true gentleman and humanitarian.


He was incredibly hospitable as well. He was happy to host our wedding at his home.






He was a good man and was always ready to help anyone in need.


Xenial is an adjective you're not likely to hear very often. The next time you do, think of my grandfather. It describes him well!


X is Xenial.

1 comment:

Liz A. said...

How sweet. I was unfamiliar with xenial.

Liz A. from Laws of Gravity