Thursday, April 3, 2014

A to Z '14 - Compassion/Caring

For this year's A to Z Challenge, I am honoring my grandfather who passed away one year ago today, April 3, 2013.


C is for Compassion and Caring.

My grandfather cared for me in so many ways. He was an integral part of my childhood. He and my grandmother lived less than 10 minutes away. We visited and stayed with them often.

He cared for me like any good parent. He made sure we were fed and cared for. But his care went so much further. He was truly compassionate towards us. Giving us love and kindness that surpasses all description.

From checkers to pool to important life lessons, he taught us everything. He cared for us by educating us in as many ways as he could.

More over, he cared for us by supporting us. He was always my biggest fan and advocate. He always supported my writing. He always spoke positively to me and about me. He cared for my emotions, talents and self-esteem more than anyone or anything else.

He cared. By his caring, I have learned to care. I care for myself and I care for others all because of his example.

C is for caring.

No comments: