Saturday, April 13, 2013

L: Love

Love is the driving force behind any creative endeavor. If you didn’t love color and the process of creating a picture, you wouldn’t paint. It is not for ego that we create. We create because we need to and we love that need.

Everyone has some kind of outlet. Whether it’s sports or the arts, we all blow off steam and center ourselves through something. There is a need. There is a need to feel and then to move forward from those feelings. From that need arises creativity.

Everyone’s creativity is different. I write. I’m not the only writer out there, but I am the only writer with my voice and my perspective. I write not because I think I am the best writer. I don’t even necessarily write for a specific audience. I write because I need to express myself and I love writing and the writing process.

Artists don’t become artists for the money. Artists become artists because they love and need art.
At the end of the day, it’s not about a royalty check. It’s about creating something. Getting emotional satisfaction from the creative process.

Art, like everything in life, really, is all about love.

No comments: