Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I: Intuition



Intuition is an interesting topic.


So many of us doubt our intuition. That creepy guy over there can't be too horrible, right? That job interview didn't go as well as I thought it did. I'm proud of this painting, but no one else will like it.


Our intuition guides us, helps us and tells us the truth, whether we want to hear it or not.


Our intuition is what drives us to create in the first place. We would not pick up that paint brush or laptop if our intuition didn't tell us that the image or story didn't need to come out. Our intuition tells us to submit our work for that art show, to take that pottery class, to take the risk and go for the dream job.


But we don't listen. I don't have time to paint. I can't leave my husband with the kids every Tuesday night so I can take the pottery class. It would be a career suicide for me to leave this mediocre job.



Our souls crave more. They crave the results we get when we do listen to our intuition.


Yes, we need to be practical. We also need to listen to our gut. There is a place where we can pay our bills and play with our creativity as well. Instead of listening to the noise outside, we need only listen to our intuition.

No comments: