Thursday, April 23, 2015

2015 A to Z Challenge: Pianissimo - Day 20 (T)

For the third consecutive year, I am participating in the A to Z blog challenge.
http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/

This year, we're going to go through my latest full-length novel, Pianissimo.

Can you believe it's been 20 days already? We're up to T! T is for timelessness.

When I write, although my stories are contemporary, I aim for timelessness. I think it's important to write stories that aren't dated. For the stories and characters to be relevant now, and for years to come.

The historical part of this story is rooted in the truth of that time period, yet it is poignant today.

The modern part of this story is applicable to our life and times right now. Yet, the humanity of it is timeless.

My stories are character driven because we will never lose our emotions, our connection, our humanity. Regardless of what happens days, weeks, months, years, or even decades from now, the people and events in Pianissimo will never lose their relevance.

A good story is one that stands the test of time. Pianissimo does just that.


http://www.amazon.com/Pianissimo-Lauren-Shiro-ebook/dp/B00OEOTZMC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1420832795&sr=8-2&keywords=lauren+shiro

1 comment:

C.D. Gallant-King said...

The best stories are those feel true to you in any era. Shakespeare dealt with topics that are still relevant today. Many of my favourite books were written 40-50 years ago, and though they were set contemporary to that time they still ring true to me today.