Wednesday, April 29, 2015

2015 A to Z Challenge: Pianissimo - Day 25 (Y)

 For the third consecutive year, I am participating in the A to Z blog challenge.
http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/

This year, we're going to go through my latest full-length novel, Pianissimo.

This is the twenty fifth day of our challenge, so we are up to the letter Y. Y is for Yes.

Yes. Yes to this story. Yes to these characters. Yes to Pianissimo.

This is a story unlike any I've ever written before. There were challenges as well as successes. There were lessons and rewards in writing a book like this.

There were times I doubted myself. There were times I was ready to give up. There were times where I shook my head and wondered if this was even feasible.  

Thankfully, neither Agnes, nor Margaret, nor Corinne would let me abandon ship. Though sometimes quietly, they just kept chanting, "yes."

With them as my cheerleaders, I continued to type and type and type. I researched, I studied, I created. The further along I got, the louder the cheers were.

After two years of working on this, Pianissimo came into being. Yes. Yes it was meant to be written. Yes it was written. Yes it is a story I can be proud of.

Yes is a very powerful word, and yes is the word for Pianissimo.


http://www.amazon.com/Pianissimo-Lauren-Shiro-ebook/dp/B00OEOTZMC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1420832795&sr=8-2&keywords=lauren+shiro

1 comment:

Chris Kelworth said...

Cool, I love that sense of "I'm not giving up on this one." I feel it now, for "Never Found", so it's encouraging to me that determination seems to have worked for you!