Tuesday, April 7, 2015

2015 A to Z Challenge: Pianissimo - Day 6 (F)

 For the third consecutive year, I am participating in the A to Z blog challenge.
http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/

This year, we're going to go through my latest full-length novel, Pianissimo.




Today is F-day! F is for frankness.

I'm pretty bold in Pianissimo. I wanted to be honest and unabashed. There was a reason for me to write this story, and I share that openly in the book.

I wanted to be frank because I thought that was the best way to get my point across.

You see, for as much as Pianissimo is here to entertain you, it also serves a greater purpose. I wrote it with the hopes of reaching people. I wanted to show the struggles of our LGBT predecessors. I wanted to show the similarities between the hetero and homosexual communities. I wanted to remind us all of our humanity. I wanted to show the stupidity of labels and bigotry.

I'm not sorry that I wrote the book with that much frankness. I consider my writing a gift, but what gift is of use if it's not being used genuinely and with a greater purpose in mind? So yes, I am bold, frank, honest, open, and very clear cut. For me personally, a book with a message behind it is the best the kind.

I hope you'd agree. Check out Pianissimo, and see for yourself!

http://www.amazon.com/Pianissimo-Lauren-Shiro-ebook/dp/B00OEOTZMC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1420832795&sr=8-2&keywords=lauren+shiro

2 comments:

Bob/Sally said...

Never be sorry about writing book with that much frankness - it's refreshing, and when you're talking about that kind of history you need to challenge people to think and react.

Liz Brownlee said...

Ah! We are all people. I wish you all the luck and fairness in the world, and no discrimination anywhere, any time.