Thursday, April 15, 2010

Character Interview: Tony

Good Friday morning, y'all! I am QUITE wiped out from writing, interviews and prepping for TOMORROW'S book signing in Suffern, NY and then Sunday's interview on Wake Up America. I'll post the info on those at the end of this blog.

Today's character interview is with Tony from Unbreakable Hostage.






Good morning, Tony.

Hi.






Tony, let's just jump right in here. You are not well-liked because of your role in the story. What would you like to say in your defense?





I did nothing wrong. She turned me down - she needed to see what a great guy I am. The police have no right to take me away from my wife like that! I will appeal this to the highest court!





Tony, your brother calls you a perpetual student. How does that make you feel?





Well, he's right. I've taken an infinite number of classes. I have all kinds of degrees. I just haven't found my nitche in life yet. I guess I'm a late bloomer. But Lareina understands that. She accepts me as I am.





Let's talk about Lareina for a minute.



You tried to kill her; you raped her; you stalked her, and you kidnapped her. She fought you; she hid from you, and she used her cell phone to get rescued from you. Do you really believe that you have any kind of healthy relationship with her - or anyone for that matter?




Women just need to be controlled some times. She's Hispanic, and those women are fiesty. They just need a good man to put them in their place. And she understands why I am as hurt as I am. I explained all the problems my family went through. She understands. And she loves me. I know she does.






Tony, your time is extremely limited due to prison regulations. This is your chance to explain yourself and possibly even gain some sympathy.





I am a good guy. I would never hurt anyone. I just did what I needed to do. Lareina was very weak and sick, and thus delirious by the time the police found us. I know that she is working hard to be reunited with me. I'm incredibly smart and I am a good husband. That's all you need to know.



Ok, Tony. Thanks.




To read more about Tony, Lareina and everyone else in Unbreakable Hostage check out the book on amazon.com and barnes and noble.com. It's available in e-book, Kindle AND print!




If you're in NY or northern NJ, please stop by the Raider Book Store in Suffern, NY on Saturday (4/17) at 2 pm! I will be there reading excerpts, signing books and giving away a ONE-OF-A-KIND Unbreakable Hostage prize! It's REALLY cool! I'd love to see you there!

Raider Book Store, 99 Lafayette Ave in downtown Suffern (next to Lafayette Theater). Contact (845) 533-4340




Also, please don't forget that this Sunday, 4/18 at 8 pm Eastern I will be on Wake Up America's Blog Talk Radio Show! This is going to be an INCREDIBLE conversation, and I would love to have you join us! :)
Sunday 4/18 8 pm EST/7 pm Central/6 pm Mountain/5 pm Pacific.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/wakeupamerica2010

No comments: