Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Writer's Delight

NOW I remember how and why I had so much fun writing fiction when I was a child. This is freakin' great! :)





If you don't know me, I'm very much a "realist" in that I don't write fantasy well because...Well, my brain just doesn't work that way! LOL. I am extremely factual. I was a historical non-fiction person, a former veterinary medicine/science person. I am a nerd & I love facts! LOL. Somewhere along the way, I lost my childhood imagination. I didn't miss it because science and history were chock full of new things to learn, so I didn't even know my imagination was missing! LOL. :)






I posted about Lareina making a possible come back. Well the "sleepus interruptus" as we've been calling it in the VHP reader's group has been kicking my Puerto Rican arse! It's not just sleepus interruptus. It's lifeus interruptus. And I f*ing love it! :)





I'm daydreaming as I wash the dishes. When I'm making the bed, I'm thinking of my characters and their conversations. As some of you know, I have an insane week this week. Part of which is that I am recovering from having my toes hacked (and prepping to have both big toe nails cut & the roots cauterized & all kinds of fun stuff).


Sorry. You don't need to know about my toes. My point was that I have to seriously live in reality this week. I missed my target. Sorry!





Even focused on some serious and important tasks, my little brain is happily dancing in writing world. It's not so bad that I can't carry on a conversation or something, it's just so much fun to let my mind wander!




This is really fun! Maybe it sounds weird or stupid, I don't know. I feel like a kid again! I can't explain it, this just makes me ridiculously happy. Suddenly, my world isn't black and white any more. I'm not innundated with the chores & stresses of daily life. They still exist, but I have my escape. This is my refuge. This is my place for mental relaxation. Come on in, the water's fine! :)




Ok, that being said, it is time for me to get back to writing. When my head is in this state, I almost feel as if I am going to explode if I don't start writing immediately. So off I go, before that whole spontaneous combustion thing. Interesting, but something I really want to try. Not now anyway. I'm happy in my little world! :)

1 comment:

Hoodie72 said...

I'm so glad you are happy and inspired to write! Oh, and yes, I will join you in that hot tub!!