Friday, January 8, 2010

Am I a Writer Who Doesn't Write Enough?

Yesterday, I changed my settings on Facebook to import my blog to my profile. Yeah, I changed that rather quickly. It's overwhelming to my friends, and I want to keep my blog on blogger. If it's all over the place, what exactly is the point to logging in every day and writing about something new? Seemed pointless to me, anyway.





So, as I was deleting all of my blogs from my profile (that was funny in and of itself! LOL), I was looking and noticed my blogs are rather short. Which is funny because if you know me, you know I'm a gabber. I write LONG text messages and e-mails. Seriously, I can't just keep things short. It's comical! :)




So, if I'm suchy a wordy little twit, why aren't my blogs longer and more in depth? The reality is, as much as I would LOVE to really get into my topics in my blog, I just plain can't. Sorry guys. Trust me, I have an opinion on almost everything and I LOVE expressing myself through words. I'll admit that I would have LOVED to expand on my blog about books and print as dying art forms; or be able to explain character depth, plot, emotions, etc. My life just isn't amenable to that. I wish it did, but it doesn't. Every blog is done is "sections" throughout the day and night because I just don't have a solid hunk of time every day. I just do it as & when I can.



Four cats, a dog, a three year old, house chores & what ever errands can be accomplished by me walking all take up A TON of my time. I would love to sit and write endlessly but I can't. Besides those distractions, I have eyeballs and a spine which require me to remove myself from my computer. :) Let's face it: life doesn't always lend itself to the needs of a writer.




I will admit, I do tend to be a bit ADD, but I still love to sit and type. It's fun and relaxing for me. I LOVE the sound of my keyboard! :) So, I enjoy the precious moments and rondezvous I have with my computer that I do get, because they are that much more special.




I'm not complaining, mind you. Life is what it is. You gotta do what you gotta do. And as you get older, you got more you gotta do! LOL. It's all good. As I said, it's a part of life. Perhaps if I lived in a different era, I might be able to lead the writer's life I sometimes day dream about, but even that is highly unlikely.




So, I'm sorry I'm chinsing you all. I don't mean to short change anyone. I do the best that I can with what I got. Sometimes it's great, sometimes I want more. Life is what it is and you just got roll with it! :)

1 comment:

Hoodie72 said...

Like you said, you do the best you can with what you've got! It's not easy to sit down and be inspired to write when you have to get up every two seconds for an endless list of "to dos":)