Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lareina Makes a Comeback?!

Good morning, fellow internet junkies!



Today, I am popping open a cork that I really shouldn't, but I don't care! LOL. :)
I still have yet to get the green light from my publisher, but I am pursuing this project nonetheless.



While washing dishes (of all things) yesterday, I was struck. Not by real lightning or anything - metaphorical lightning, if you will. I was thinking about how series of books are quite the rage right now with the Harry Potter series, the Twilight series, etc. That got me thinking that I just don't have the ability to write say 5 books about the same characters. Maybe I'm underestimating myself, I'm not sure. Nonetheless, it's not even something I'm interested in pursuing at this time. I am working on Impeccable, the sequel to Imperfect, and I am quite happy with that. That was when the lightning struck.



Lareina's story isn't done. Seriously? Are you kidding me?! Poor woman needs to go through more stuff?! Apparently so. The idea of a sequel to Unbreakable Hostage hit. Now, this book is only just coming out in print in the next few weeks. It's still fairly new as an e-book as well, and yet I'm writing its sequel?! What is wrong with me?! LOL.



Thus began my newest project. Yes, I am currently drafting a sequel to Unbreakable Hostage. Whether or not this book sees the light of day has yet to be determined, but I'm giving it a shot. I'm already seriously haunted by all the characters again, so I know I have to write if I want to sleep and keep what little sanity I have left! LOL.



So, that's my news, world. May not be much to you, or maybe it's everything to you. I don't know. What I do know is that I need to get back to working on that stat before my characters beat me up! LOL.



Happy reading! :)

1 comment:

Malcolm R. Campbell said...

Since characters nagging to be in a book (or another book) seldom go off and shut up, sometimes one just has to humor them.

Malcolm