Thursday, March 11, 2010

Character Interview: Linda

I'm starting a new series, folks! Every Friday until I am struck by lightning, I will be doing an interview with one of my characters from all of my books. So you'll get to know about them beyond what you've read thus far. I really hope you like them!



Without further ado, I'd like to introduce you all to today's guest, Linda, from Loving Her.



Hi Linda! Thank you so much for being here.



Thanks for having me. And the coffee, too. I always need coffee in the mornings, thanks.






Linda, please tell us a little about yourself. We don't really know much about you beyond your career and your relationship with Katie. Who are you, really?





Well, I am the fourth child from my parents with three older brothers. The brother, Michael, who is closest to me in age is also a mechanic. We used to work on junkers together all the time. I learned a lot from him. And every once in a while, I got teach him something too.




It's kind of funny, Michael knew I was gay before I did! We had some very interesting talks over engine blocks. But, you'll read more about that later in my prequel to Loving Her.




Our parents died five years ago, just from age. For people from their generation, they were really accepting of me as a lesbian. I was really lucky.




Other than that, I think I've lived a regular life.






Your devotion to Katie is practically unheard of in these days. You endured so much, and yet your heart was completely dedicated to her. Would you mind talking about that?






Ha! How'd you get that picture? Katie had just dyed her hair brown. She's a natural blonde - and cute as hell! She looks good as a brunette, too, but I still love her blonde hair. And that - that doesn't even look like me!





Anyway, getting back to your question. I don't really talking about some of the things that happened just because I don't want to hurt Katie. Katie is just an incredible girl. She is so sweet and smart. She is a very giving person. Even with two residencies and crazy hours at the University, she'll take the time to just spend quiet time with me or do something really romantic for me. She's like no one I've ever met before. I've been pretty hurt by women in the past, but Katie is different. The trials we endured, we went through together. As hard as things were on me, they were equally difficult on her.






You listen to '80's music every morning before you open the shop. Why is that?





I guess everyone has their vice. I just love music from the eighties. Maybe because it's what I grew up on. I don't know. It's just a good way to start my day.






Your circle of friends is a very interesting mix of people and personalities. Who surprises you the most?




What do you mean?






Who is either the most unique of the crowd or who do you find yourself to be amazed that you're friends with them?





Oh, definitely Steph. I pick on her, but she's really cool. If she hadn't been the model for our first calendar a few years back, there's no way I'd be friends with her. We're very different, but she brings a lot of laughter and enthusiasm to the group.




Who doesn't surprise you, or who would you be expect to be friends no matter what?





Donna. Donna and I just have this incredible understanding of each other. I trust her with my life.





What is one thing you'd like people to know about you that they don't already know.


That I would probably end up like Liz and Jen with 500 cats if it weren't for the fact that I have insane allergies.


Thank you so much for joining us, Linda. For more about Linda and the entire crew, check out Loving Her! :)





Happy weekend reading!

No comments: