Thursday, March 11, 2010

Character Interview: Donna

This week, we're talking to Donna from Loving Her.





Good morning, Donna!


Morning. Let me have some more of this Red Bull since I'm not a morning person.





While you caffeinated, let's jump right into it. You are the most popular character in Loving Her. For some reason, a lot of people relate to you. I get more requests for more of your story and more questions about you than I do for anyone else. Why do you think that is?




Me? I don't know. I really don't. There's nothing special about me at all. I'm just a regular person.





Do you think it might be because you're a police woman?




I mean yeah, I'm a Philly city cop. But I'm still nothing spectacular.






I think one thing that a lot of people appreciate in you is your selflessness when it comes to the gang. Why is it that you would risk life and limb for those women?



I have to. They're my family. I'd be a shitty cop and an even shittier friend if I didn't.







One thing that has always surprised me about you is your vulnerability. You're not pompous, you're not arrogant. You're a cop, but you're also insecure and sensitive.




Yeah, don't let people hear that. Yes, I'm very sensitive when it comes to my friends and family. Just because I have to be tough for the job doesn't mean I have to be tough with the people I care about. You could say I'm insecure. I'm just nervous. I haven't had much luck with the ladies, so I just don't wanna fuck up what I've got, ya know?




Tell us about your relationship with Brynn.




Brynn is great. She's a cop in a town north of Philly called Doylestown. She's from there. For a quieter town, she still sees some good action. She's beautiful, intelligent, and she's a lot of fun. She really took to the group well and they like her. It's cool.






How would you classify your life now versus the beginning of everything in Loving Her?


Things are a lot more stable now. John is ok. Linda and Katie don't have to worry about Katie's folks any more. Stuff like that. Work is good. We're all doing well. I'm happy with where things are right now.




Linda told us that you and she have an incredibly close friendship. Why do you think that is?




Linda and I are alike in a lot of ways. We're both tough tom-boyish girls working in male dominated fields. We're both very attached to the people we love. We're just able to talk and understand each other in ways that no one else can.





Did you ever consider dating Linda?


You're kidding, right? I love Linda, but we're too much alike. I love that Brynn is cute and has long hair. Linda is too much like me. I don't want to date me!






Your father was also a Philly cop, but unfortunately he and your mother passed some time ago. Do you think that has helped you or hurt you?


Both. I miss my folks like hell. Dad being on the force really helped me to do things and go places in the force that very few people get to do. But it's also hard because they never saw me graduate from the Academy or meet Brynn or anything. It's tough, ya know?




To end things on a lighter note, why don't you tell us one thing about yourself that you think people would like to know about you.


I hate mornings.






Thank you so much for being here, Donna!




Happy weekend reading! :)

No comments: