Thursday, March 11, 2010

Character Interview: Carol

Good morning, everyone! Today, we're doing something a bit different for our character interview. Though Imperfect is not out yet, we have Carol Mathers from Imperfect joining us today.










Thank you so much for doing this, Carol. I think it's important for everyone to know that you're doing this from your hospital room. Your story has not yet been released, would you mind giving our readers some insight into what brought you to the hospital.


My life. Everyone and everything that I ever love just falls to shit.









I know this is an extremely difficult time for you, Carol. How do you feel about your story coming out, and also being followed up in the sequel, Impeccable?




It's very strange. I don't like attention. I'm not a loud person. I think it's odd that people would take an interest in me, but if I can help possibly bring about some awareness and/or social changes, then it's more than worth the "celebrity."










You have been one of my most interesting and dynamic characters ever. Your story is unlike anything I've ever read or written before. How do you perceive yourself?




Certainly not as interesting or dynamic. I'm just one of those people who is born unlucky from day one.










I will say that your story is a tragic one, but you also have some incredible moments, like teaching Alex how to drive the GTO and you two singing your hearts out to Hendrix and Led Zep. What is one of your most treasured memories?



With or without Alex?





Whichever you like.




It has to be day the day of my college graduation. Having Alex there supporting me; having her be there when I got the card from the Bakers. Then, there was the car. I don't think it gets any better than that. Every facet of my life came together in this one incredible day and Alex was a part of it all. That was the greatest day of my life.










Similar to when you first introduced Alex to the gang over at Dawson, our readers don't know anything about Alex. Would you mind talking about her briefly?






How do you describe the sun or the air that we breathe? Alex was all of that and more. She was beautiful, she was witty, she was intelligent. She loved baseball. She was just incredible. Someone far beyond mere description.










Alright, as much as I would love to talk to you endlessly, I don't want to jeopardize your health right now. Is there anything special you are going to do for the release of Imperfect?




Just be here, waiting. Just like I am now.








Thank you so much for joining us, Carol.


Happy weekend reading! :)

No comments: