Thursday, December 1, 2011

Page 69 Trial Part II and World AIDS Day

Happy Thursday, December 1, everyone!




Today is World AIDS Day. For that, I ask you all to remember, research and respect the disease and the people it affects. I didn't fully understand it until I began writing Imperfect and Impeccable. Truth be told, there is still so much more I could write about and so much more still for me to learn. I ask that in honor of World AIDS Day, you please purchase your copies of Imperfect">Imperfect and Impeccable">Impeccable today!



Since Impeccable is now available in print, I wanted to revisit the Page 69 Trial. Today, we're going to look at page 69 in the print edition.





“You and Alex went to that group together. You didn’t abandon her in the darkest hour you both shared. You stayed with her night and day at the end, Carol. You never left my sister’s side. Not in twelve years. That is incredible.” Candace finally paused for a breath. “Don’t you
get it, Carol? You’re a far greater person than you realize.”
Carol simply sniffled into the phone.
“Carol, you are not a fake and you certainly are not inferior. Not to Alex. Not to anyone. You got that?”
Carol inhaled a few deep breaths. “Yeah,” she feebly replied. “You know, Candace, I couldn’t have these conversations with anyone else but you. You remind me a lot of your sister in certain ways. You listen to me. No one else would understand. Alex was like that, too. Thanks.”
“Thank you, Carol. That was the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me. It’s an honor to be like my sister.”
“I love you, Candace.” Carol’s voice began cracking again.
“I love you too,” Candace gently replied.
“When are you coming back?” Carol’s sobbing sounded pathetic. She sounded like a lost, scared child.
“Soon, sweetie. I’ll be there as soon as I can, okay?”
“I need you,” Carol sniffled into the phone.
“I’m never far away.” Candace said sweetly, hoping that she could bring Carol some solace. Candace took a deep breath and prayed a silent prayer while Carol sobbed into the phone.




Powerful stuff, eh? Click on the titles to purchase your copies of Imperfect and Impeccable.

No comments: