Monday, September 15, 2014

Blog Hop Tour

Hi everyone!

Today, I am part of a blog hop tour.

My name is Lauren Shiro.



I write contemporary LGBT fiction.




I was invited to answer these by author K'Anne Meinel. You can find out more about her and her infinite list of titles at http://www.kannemeinel.com/


ABOUT ME: I've been writing my whole life. As a kid, I had much more fun staying up in my room writing "novels" than playing outside. At the age of 14, I was published nationally for the first time. Since then, my work has been found in newspapers, magazines, online, in books and text books. I love writing, both fiction and non-fiction alike. When I'm not writing, I spend my time working as a licensed veterinary technician, and I enjoy hobbies from wood working to roller derby.




CURRENT PROJECT: I just finished a full-length novel, Candles on the Spinet.


Military couple Darryl and Corinne Richards purchase their first house. With Darryl’s army career coming to a close, they feel ready to settle down in Louisville, Kentucky. With impeccable timing, Darryl is sent on one final tour, leaving Corinne to live in this new house and new city alone.
Overwhelmed, Corinne becomes reclusive, living a quiet, boring life with her cats as she adjusts to her new surroundings. The problem is: someone or something does not want her life to be quiet or boring. And then there’s the creepy piano in the basement…
A series of strange experiences and events triggers Corinne to dig deeper into her home’s history, and herself. As Corinne learns of the people and past of her home, she also learns some new skills, and she learns about who she really is.
There is more to that creepy, dilapidated piano and that house that Corinne could ever imagine. Through highs and lows, twists and turns, she realizes the importance of placing candles on the spinet.


Candles on the Spinet is due for release this fall!


My current project is a story called Life, Upside Down.

Chantal Thompson is a strong, independent general contractor. She's the kind of person that's always going. A terrible accident suddenly brings her to a screeching halt. Unable to move, she is forced to reevaluate her life. She needs to come to terms with her past, accept her current situation, and look towards the future. It's amazing how slowing down your pace can completely change your perspective on life.


WHAT MAKES MY STORIES DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS IN THE SAME GENRE?: My stories are character driven, rather that plot driven. It's not to say there isn't a plot. My stories connect you deeply with the characters. You see their perspective, you feel their feelings, you experience their story. My books are deep, emotional and very cerebral.



WHY DO I WRITE THE STORIES THAT I DO?: I write my stories with a hope of creating positive social change. My tag line is "Stories of Love without Boundaries." In my stories, you will see me challenge racial lines, social stereotypes, and common prejudices. My books are very much a means for me to create. Personally, I create with intention. In this case, my intention is to help shatter the accepted social norms and to send a message of love, acceptance, and equality.



HOW DOES MY WRITING PROCESS WORK?: I like to think of myself as an organic writer. I go into each of my stories with a basic premise. As I work, I just let the words, people, and events come to me. There have been many times where I have been surprised by what comes out. I like going with the flow and allowing my stories to create themselves. Inspiration can come anywhere and at anytime. I try to keep a pen & paper on hand so I can jot down notes if I'm not able to get to my laptop right away.



WHO'S NEXT ON THE BLOG HOP? I happily pass the torch to a good friend and a great writer, Chelle Cordero. I've known her for years, and her work never ceases to amaze me. She is an author for all readers! Her blog is at http://chellecordero.blogspot.com/ You can also find out more information about her at http://chellecordero.com/




Thanks so much for joining us on the blog hop! Happy reading!!! :)

No comments: