Thursday, September 8, 2011

Trepidation

Good morning, everyone! There is an incredible irony to today's blog,

but you'll have to wait to the end to find out what it is. ;)



Recently, I was approahced by gayleeds.com to do a biweekly column for their site. I was flattered! I'm just a regular gal, not an extroadinary writer by any means. Yet, they asked me. So, I gladly accepted! :)



Then it came time to actually WRITE my first column. They said they were looking for something "blog-like." Phew. Ok, I can do that. ;) So I did. And I came up with something fairly decent. I set it aside for a few days and then went back in to edit.




After my edits, which did make the column a better piece, I began getting nervous. Did it make sense or did I sound like rambling fool? It made sense to me, but would anyone else get it? Would I offend people with my first article?




AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






Yep. My wonderful insecurities were beginning to get the best of me. It was done, and needed to be sent in soon for them to review. I wasn't sure if they would edit it any further and I wanted to be sure there was time before my initial date of 9/12. It was with tremendous trepidation that I hit that send key. Suddenly, my finger nails were looking like a really good snack!



I didn't hear anything for a couple of days. Was it good news? Bad news? I second-guessed myself CONSTANTLY.




Then, this morning I woke up to an e-mail saying it was great & was being published today! It is, in fact, up on gayleeds.com and last I saw was at the top of the page! So, please check out my newest writing venture. I promise there are some very interesting column articles to come... ;)


Happy reading!

No comments: