Thursday, September 1, 2011

Love Without Boundaries

Good Thursday morning, y'all.



Today, I want to discuss my tag line. "Stories of Love Without Boundaries."




You see, in my world, love knows no boundaries. Love does not discriminate based on color, religion, income level, age, etc. And, amazingly enough, it doesn't in the real world either.



Love is an entity unto itself. It lives, it breathes, it exists. It is not a thing, it is a living spirit. Some may even call it a divinity, whith which I cannot argue. As such, love has its own beliefs and ways of living. And that is the way of no boundaries. Love is unlimited. It is only limited when we as humans place limitations on it. But, love the entity is endless. Let me show you.






I can think of two "interracial" couples with whom I am friends. Do I see them as such? No. I see them as the people they are. I know that not everyone sees them that way, but their love did not discriminate because of pigmentation. I know there are countless other couples out there like my friends. Since I like to emulate reality in my fiction, why should it come as any surprise then, that Carol and Alex are an interracial couple? Love does not know the boundary of color.





A dear friend of mine, who happens to be an incredible writer, has a book called Hyphema. I first heard of this book and these characters during a week-long writing workshop. What's so great about Hyphema? Many things, actually. One of which is that author Chelle Cordero uses that book to prove that love does not know the boundary of religion. Her characters are amazing and very easy to relate to. She breaks down walls and stereotypes and you see that love knows no religion.




In my personal life, love has never cared what is in one's bank account. Since when did love come with a price tag? Love does not know about finances. Trust me, it does not know ANYTHING about money! ;)



Love does not discriminate based on age, either. My own mother found the right person in her early fifties and has been living happily ever after. Love doesn't have a cut off after a certain age.





Nor does love have an expiration date. My 90 year-old grandparents are proof of that. They are still madly in love with each other. They may not always hear each other or remember what the other said, but they do love each other now more than ever.




These are my examples. This is what I write about. Love that never dies; love that isn't bigoted; love that is simply the entity of love. Some may call me a fool or a hopeless romantic. Truth be told, I don't mind those labels. I know love to be limitless and thus I am more than happy to write books that reflect that.



Happy reading.

No comments: