Friday, May 21, 2010

Character Interview: Sandy

Here is a VERY late good morning to you all!

Today's character interview is Sandy, from Unbreakable Hostage.






Good morning, Sandy!




Good morning. Thanks for having me here.






Sandy, why don't you tell us the nature of your relationship with Lareina.






Lareina and I have known each other for years. We teach at the same high school. Or, actually, we did. She doesn't teach there any more. Anyway, I came on a year after her. She heard me say something in Spanish in the teacher's lounge, and she laughed at me and corrected my accent. We've been fast friends ever since. We've been roommates for a few years, too. The cost of living in L. A. is ridiculous, so we'll gladly save money any which way we can. It's been a good set up for us.







You were the one who called the police when Lareina went missing. What was that like?





Extremely nerve-wracking. I knew I called early by police standards, but I just knew something had to be wrong. Especially when her parents hadn't heard from her either. So I called Marcus. I never imagined I'd have to do something like that. It's really quite scary having to call the police.







Tell us about your experiences with Marc.







He's an incredible man. He's strong, he's handsome. He genuinely cares. You don't meet a man like that very often.






Does that mean that you're ok with how everything turned out?




Well, it is what it is. Life is full of changes, and that includes people changing. I'm thrilled that Lareina is home. That's all that matters.





Alright, let's end this on a more positive note. What do you think is one thing that no one knows about you, but they'd be interested or surprised to find out?




That I was basically raised by my Hispanic neighbors, that's why I decided to teach Spanish. As much as the Oliveira's teach me, Spanish has been an integral part of my life and I do speak it well. Even if I am a white girl, as Lareina likes to tease.





That is really interesting, Sandy. Thank you so much for joining us today.

Happy weekend reading! :)

No comments: