Thursday, October 29, 2015

Changes

Hiya troops!

I apologize for the brief hiatus. Life just does that some times, doesn't it?



We're at the end of October, nearing the end of the year, and we've gone through all the characters from all of my books. Where do we go from here?



Well, that's a darn good question. As of right now, I have a few WIPs, but one is getting significantly more attention.



If you're friends with me on Facebook, I'm sure you've been inundated with pictures and videos of our baby Lovebirds. One of them was a special little guy named Robert.



Robert suffered some brain damage from an accidental encounter with one of our dogs. He survived, but the effects were obvious. He was slower to develop than his siblings. He was smaller than his siblings. He was slower to develop feathers, and he was behind in his coordination. But he was so cute, and so much fun. I couldn't resist sharing my pictures and videos of him.


He gained quite an audience. So much so, in fact, that he even has his own blog! Please check it out at http://robertsbirdbrain.blogspot.com/




Robert captured the heart of many, so when he unexpectedly passed away, many hearts were saddened.



In his very short life, Robert created a world of good. In his passing, I needed to share that goodness with the world. So, for the first time since I began writing fiction almost a decade ago, I am writing a fantasy. Robert is the hero of this latest novel. I have never done anything like this, but boy is it fun to just let my imagination run wild! I am trying to somewhat emulate J. K. Rowling in writing what is both a children's story, as well as a novel for adults - a story that can reach all audiences. I do hope that you will join me in this endeavor.




So this is where we stand at the present moment. Where we go from here has yet to be determined, but since Robert was so awesome, I have no doubt that this will be awesome as well!


Happy reading!

No comments: