Thursday, December 12, 2013

Do you really want to read my books?

Happy Thursday gang! The weekend is almost within our grasp!


Today, I want to be brutally honest with you. I want to talk about why my books suck.


Actually, they don't. LOL. Comparatively speaking, the ORIGINAL Loving Her kind of sucks, but the new ones are some of my best writing to date. I have been told that they are good, and quite honestly, I think they're fairly good myself. Are they the greatest literature ever written? Probably not. I like them, but I'm not an ego-maniac.


But, you see, I suck. I suck at shameless self-promotion. Yes, I want to get my name out there. Yes, I want you to read my books. But...can't the work just speak for itself?


Unfortunately, the writing world is inundated with writers and books. Self-published, indie, small-press, big-press...there are a lot of us out there. It can be very difficult to sell yourself as an author when you are one small fish in a very large and very crowded ocean. I couldn't sell a furnace to an Eskimo if my life depended on it, let alone try to convince you that my books are the greatest thing you've ever read.


It doesn't help that my books don't involve any exploding cars or gratuitous sex. My stories are character driven. The are genuine, intimate, emotional, personal, touching stories. They are stories that stay with you long after you close the book. The characters, their relationships, their lives resonate with you because they are real.


So, how do I push these books? How do I sell myself and my work? Honestly, I'm not 100% sure. I do the best that I can. I know there are better ways for authors to promote their work, but I also don't want to come across as some pompous ass who thinks their work is the best thing since sliced bread.


So, if you could do me a favor and please just read my books. I'd really appreciate it! :)

Happy reading!!!

No comments: