Thursday, November 7, 2013

Donna

I have to say, Donna's story really surprised me.



Readers have loved her from day one. I never quite understood the love affair, but I respected it. They saw something I didn't. That's fine.



Writing her story was an interesting experience. A lot of her pain came from my own. Her behaviors were her own, but I could understand why she did what she did. The more I wrote, the more I got to like her.



When I sent the copy off to my publisher, I felt good about the manuscript. I felt it was a well polished piece and something we'd both be happy to stamp our names on. It was...it is.



Sending her out into the world proved to be surprising. Her story became available for pre-order, which I hadn't done before. Before her story was even truly available, the pre-orders had the book on Kindle's top 100 best seller list in two different categories. And it stayed there. For over two weeks it was on those lists.



I am honored and floored and excited and...satisfied. Not to say that the other stories in the series aren't near and dear to my heart. They are. But Donna's story is different. By writing her full story, I saw the Donna that my readers saw years ago. Now, I fell in love with her. And now, I am watching this love affair be appreciated by a greater audience than I could ever have imagined.



This is my dream come true, and I think it might be Donna's too.


Thank you all for making this possible and sharing in this amazing journey with me!


Happy reading! :)

No comments: