Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013

Well, here we are folks, on the cusp of yet another new year. Where has the time gone? For me, this year went in the blink of an eye.

Part of that is my overwhelming day job and my fantastic ability to over-commit myself to things. I have also spent a decent amount of time this year working on some medical issues.

Though I got married this year and have had some wonderful events and blessings, I am hoping to make 2013 even better! I made a promise to myself and decided it would be my new year’s resolution. My resolution is to get better. To get better physically, mentally, emotionally – in every facet of my life and in everything that I do. To “get better” as a writer, as a wife…you name it.

I don’t know what the future holds; I know it will have its fair share of ups and downs. Hopefully I will be prepared, strong and smart in all the decisions I make.

My goal is simply to be a better me every day of 2013. I do that already, but it is still my new year’s resolution. I pray every morning, asking to be and do the best that I can in everything I say, do, am. I pray to be the best wife that I can be – to be the wife that she needs me to be. I pray to do the best that I can in my day job, not to be compared with others, but to give my all throughout the day. I pray that I don’t hurt others, but rather help. To truly be the best Lauren that I can be.

So, I will continue my daily prayers. And I am going to focus on being much more cognizant of my every word & action. To make smarter decisions in what I say or how I say things. To do only that which will help my wife/family and the people around me. To continue to grow and improve.

The dark side of this is to look at myself realistically. I will need to admit fault and change some old habits. Will it be worth it? I know it will! I will be happier and healthier, as will the people around me. So, I shall focus on the positive as I walk down this path of true self-improvement.

I wish each and every one of you the absolute best in this coming year. I pray that you are blessed beyond belief, that you are genuinely happy. I also pray that we can continue to see movement towards true equality.

Here’s to 2013 being OUR year!

Happy new year! Much love and many blessings from our home to yours!

No comments: