Saturday, December 11, 2010

Happy weekend, everyone!

This is a brief blog today because...well, I don't want to bore you. :)



First off, I have the honor of having Imperfect featured on Authors Promoting Authors!

Please check this link! :) http://authorspromotingauthors.blogspot.com/2010/12/new-release-imperfect-le-harvey.html







Next week, I will be guest blogging on Romancing the Book. I'll be there on Thursday, the 16th. I'm THRILLED to be there and...we're doing a contest!!!! You don't want to miss out on that one! Here's the link-y poo: http://www.romancing-the-book.com/





Lastly, for those of you who have not yet heard (and who don't mind a good, hot political debate), my partner proposed to me this week! :) Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! That was my girlish squeal of excitement. I'm thrilled. She makes me so happy! :) So...Yayness!


Of course, I've already run into people who can't simply be happy for us. Yeah, I've gotten some lovely lectures from people who disapprove.


Perhaps I should disapprove of heterosexual marriages. I don't know. Just a thought.


Anyway, I am who I am. I am madly in love, we ARE getting married. If you don't like that, I'm sorry. You are entitled to your opinion, however, I don't need that opinion shoved in my face 24/7. I get enough of that from Fox news. ;)




Those people, those naysayers are the exact reason I write, folks. Their bigotry is my motivation. I use their prejudice to write stories that I hope will open peoples' eyes and create some more understanding and acceptance in this very cold world of ours. You know what? It seems to be working, too. Thus far, Imperfect has been read and reviewed by STRAIGHT people. The reviews have been wonderful. Yes, straight people LOVE an LGBT book. Be horrified, be thrilled. Makes ya wanna go out & read it, doesn't it? ;) The newest review came yesterday from Dr. T. Davis:
"I like a book that makes me uncomfortable. And this book does just that." SWEET! I made a Ph. D. uncomfortable, folks! He likened Imperfect to a psychological thriller, sans the morbidity. That is what I love to hear. STRAIGHT people who are intrigued by LGBT writing. Proof that our stories are, in fact, universal.



Ok, I'll stop rambling. I promised y'all I wouldn't bore you. Hopefully I didn't. Hopefully I did interest you in picking up a copy of Imperfect, though. ;)
http://www.amazon.com/Imperfect-L-Harvey/dp/1935407732/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1292083339&sr=1-2

1 comment: