Wednesday, January 21, 2009

When Writing is Personal (and Emotional)

So, I finished a BIG chapter in Imperfect today. Without spoiling it, Imperfect is a very emotional book, and death is a subject that comes up often. This chapter was one of many that addressed death.

Oddly enough, I felt saddened when it was done. One of these characters who has been haunting was put to rest. It was as real for me as it is in the book.

I openly admit that my characters haunt me and become an integral part of my life until their story is told. I guess it shouldn't be all that surprising that I was touched by this particular loss.

I write with emotion, and I pray that my emotion oozes from the words and penetrates the hearts of my readers. I want you all to feel what I have felt today. I want this book to touch you as deeply as it's touching me.

I think I'm writing Imperfect because it's a story that NEEDS to be told. There are topics and emotions that need to be addressed; that you as my reader(s) need to feel. I pray that my writing skills are enough to truly convey the story and the emotions.

I'm going to take today's emotional event as a good sign. Imperfect won't be out for a while, but the characters in Loving Her are just as real, and the emotions are just as potent. I challenge each and every one of you to read these stories; to open yourself up to the people, and the emotions. Let these stories touch your heart. All of my books are here to make you think & feel. It's time that you challenged yourself, and allowed yourself to experience those thoughts & feelings :)

No comments: