Thursday, June 26, 2014

Katie's Page 69 Trial

Happy Thursday, gang!

Today, I am sharing Katie's page 69 trial since her book, The Vet Student, is officially out! ;)



Metallica came running over to her.

Jen looked up at Katie as she was petting Metallica.

“She’s awesome!” Katie exclaimed.

Jen smiled.

“Do you have any questions or concerns about her?”

Jen shook her head. “Not really.” She redirected her towards Katie.

Metallica trotted over and jumped right onto Katie’s lap.

Like she had with Tito, Katie looked her over. “Her fur is so soft!” she said as she ran her hands up and down Metallica’s lean body.

“Can I get you anything?” Jen asked. “Coffee?”

“That would be great, if it’s not too much trouble.”

“No, not at all.” Jen slowly rose to her feet. She carefully walked over to the kitchen and began making the coffee.

As she did, Katie blitzed through all of the cats’ exams.

It wasn’t long before Jen hobbled back into the living room.

“Here you go.” Jen placed the mug of coffee next to her. “I really can’t thank you enough for taking care of everyone. I really do appreciate it.”

“It’s no big deal. I’m happy to help. Besides, I got to meet all of your troops, and you told me all about Liz and her truck!” Katie laughed.

Jen smiled. “You’re a good person, Katie. I’m really glad Linda found you.”

“Oh! Thank you. That means a lot to me. Since meeting everyone, I’ve really felt a connection to you. Probably because we’re both animal people. But I love the sense of peace and tranquility that you have. That despite your illness, you’re happy. And you still give and do so much. I really respect and admire you, Jen. So hearing that from you really means a lot to me. Thank you.”

“You are very welcome.” Jen smiled again.



Happy reading, gang!

No comments: